Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tutorial: How to make a Yo-yo flower

Hello all blog readers!!
I am back...and this time with a tutorial:)
I have found that yo-yo flowers are very useful to any sewer. Sew a barrette and felt on the back and it can be used as a hair clip or, use one to accessorise a favorite shirt or bag(as you see I have done with many of my creations). So I would like to show you how to make one:)





 First cut a circle out of the pattern(there are three sizes)




  Then make a long basting stitch all the way around the circle...hemming the fabric while you are doing so.


 



Once you are done sewing around the circle, pull your thread, making sure that the fabric goes right side out. Then secure the gathering by sewing a couple stitches through the middle of the flower.

Sew a button on top of the hole in the middle of the flower and, voila!! You are finished. (I made a smaller yo-yo flower for the inner one shown above).
Happy sewing!!
Miriam

P.S.Here is the pattern. I wasn't able to put a website address of the picture so I had to put it directly on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik